Deadlines for 16-21 June 2008 CEDAR Workshop
- 11 January for nomination of CEDAR Prize Lecturer for 2008. Send information to Diego Janches (firstname.lastname@example.org) (CSSC nominations via CSSC wiki). Sharon Vadas of Colorado Research Associates in Boulder was chosen as the CEDAR Prize Lecturer for 2008.
- late March for the on-line registration to be available
- 28 March for CEDAR workshop conveners to request workshops. See also the Guidelines for Workshop Conveners at CEDAR Workshops.
- 9 May for non-students to register on-line. A late fee of $50 is imposed on student registrations on Monday May 12 (non-student late fee starts May 26). VISA, Mastercard or Diners credit cards can be used in the registration process on-line. Cancellations incur a $15 charge. Registration includes choosing lodging ($50/night after the conference for students not choosing student housing at Zermatt) and giving student biographical information for publication at the workshop. Student registration fee is $200 ($100 for undergrads, $0 for students from non-US institutions since they do not receive air fare). Choose to pay in 'cash' or 'check' and then ask your advisor to pay this. Advisors should send e-mail certification to email@example.com that their students are working in an area of CEDAR related work, and in hardship cases can ask that the registration fee for their students be waived. (NOTE: UCAR will not be making any air flight arrangements.)
- 15 May for hotel reservations of reserved CEDAR block at Zermatt Resort. For details on lodging and reservations go to Accommodations.
- 16 May for on-line submission of abstracts for posters, which are required. The posters will be divided into two poster sessions (MLT and non-MLT, order not determined) on Tuesday June 17 and Thursday June 19.
- By 23 May, all CEDAR students should have purchased their airline tickets to get 21 day advance fares for most non-refundable tickets (unless they can get good fares through other arrangements with their university). Make flights to Salt Lake City, and don't schedule return flights too early in the morning since you have to allow shuttle time to get to the airport. (We may arrange cheaper shuttles between Zermatt Resort and the Salt Lake City airport, which are normally ~$65.) All students must purchase their own airline ticket, either on their own or through their university. Airfare will be refunded to students as soon as possible after the meeting. UCAR will need a copy of the airline ticket, which includes the cost and fees, BEFORE the workshop. Electronic receipts are allowable as long as they have the total cost of the ticket. Please send student (from US institutions) airline receipts via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax to Julie Cross at 303-497-8668. If driving, etc, please inform Julie Cross (info above) before the meeting so as to receive the equivalent air fare listed under [2008_Workshop:Student_Information]. No mileage will be given unless an airport further away has a considerably cheaper fare.
- 23 May for optional on-line submission of abstracts for plenary or individual workshop talks.
- 23 May for CEDAR workshop conveners to put final description(s) of their workshop on-line via the workshop list. One description should be student-oriented and will be distributed on Monday, June 16, during the CEDAR Student Workshop. Geared toward students who may be unfamiliar with the workshop topic, this version should include a general description of the context and importance of the topic while avoiding specialized jargon. The other (regular) description will be printed out for the workshop attendees.
- 23 May for non-students to register on-line. A late fee of $50 is imposed on non-student registrations on Monday May 26 (student late fee starts May 12). VISA, Mastercard or Diners credit cards can be used in the registration process on-line. Cancellations incur a $15 charge.
Last updated on 24 Mar 2008 by email@example.com