2009 CEDAR Workshop Pictures
Thanks to Julie Cross (VSP/NCAR) for taking pictures. (Barbara Emery's pictures were lost.) If anyone else has pictures of the meeting, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and to email@example.com.
- The 2009 CEDAR Workshop plenary session on Wednesday July 1, 2009 in the Anasazi Ballroom of the Eldorado Hotel.
- James Carpenter, undergraduate Florida Institute of Technology REU student of Wenbin Wang at NCAR at Bandelier National Monument.
- Five of the six poster winners with their prize books The first place winners took signed copies of Mike Kelley’s second edition of ‘The Earth’s Ionosphere: Electrodynamics and Plasma Physics’, while the rest took IOUs for the forthcoming second edition of Schunk and Nagy, ‘Ionospheres: Physics, Plasma Physics and Chemistry” available in August 2009). From left to right: Sebastien de Larquier, Masters student of Victor Pasko at the Pennsylvania State University (1st place MLT with MLTS-03), Chihoko Yamashita, PhD student of Xinzhao Chu at the University of Colorado (2cnd place MLT with MLTS-08 ), Jonathan Sparks, undergraduate student of Diego Janches at the University of Colorado (honorable mention MLT with METR-03), Edgardo Pacheco, PhD student of Rod Heelis at the University of Texas at Dallas (1st place IT with MDIT-03), Richard Todd Parris, PhD student of Bill Bristow at the University of Alaska (2cnd place IT with ITIT-17), missing Padmashri Suresh, Masters student of Charles Swenson of the Utah State University (honorable mention IT with ITIT-26).
- Padmashri Suresh, Masters student of Charles Swenson at Utah State University in front of her ITIT-26 poster that won honorable mention in the IT poster session.
- Chihoko Yamashita, PhD student of Xinzhao Chu of the University of Colorado in front of her MLTS-08 poster that placed second in the MLT poster session
- Jonathan Sparks, undergrad at U of CO with Diego Janches, with his honorable mention MLT poster, METR-03.
- Glenn Sugar, undergraduate of Meers Oppenheim at Boston University in front of his EQIT-21 poster that received an undergraduate honorable mention.
- Matthew Sunderland, incoming masters student of Julio Urbina at Penn State, in front of his ITIT-24 poster describing his undergraduate senior project that received an undergraduate honorable mention.
- Jonathan Thompson, undergraduate of Vince Eccles at the Utah State University in front of his undergraduate honorable mention poster MDIT-10.