2014 CEDAR Workshop
Sunday-Thursday 22-26 June 2014
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Theme for 2014: CEDAR Grand Challenges
- 2015 CEDAR Workshop at the University of Washington in Seattle, WA 21-25 June (Sunday through Thursday)
- 5-10 minute Exit Survey of 2014 meeting
- Summary of the 2014 CEDAR Workshop by Barbara Emery
- Pictures from the 2014 CEDAR Workshop
Registration for the 2014 CEDAR Workshop
Register Here Registration Deadlines: Students- 16 May and Regulars- 30 May - poster abstracts due 16 May
2014 Workshop Materials
- 2014 CEDAR IT Abstract Booklet and IT Poster List
- 2014 CEDAR MLT Abstract Booklet and MLT Poster List
- Poster Board Layout
- 2014 Participant List as of 6/17/2014
- UW Campus Map
- 2014 Student Biographies
- Dorm Information Sheet
NEW in 2013: links to poster .pdfs. (See Meriwether example at the end of http://cedarweb.hao.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/Help:Uploading_Files for an example of how to upload a .pdf file to the CEDAR wiki.) NEW in 2014: Judges want .pdfs of student posters in competition to be linked to the IT or MLT poster lists the Friday before the annual workshop. Other poster presenters are encouraged to upload their posters also for archive purposes. This is not required of students in competition (yet).
- List of all abstracts (mostly poster) with views of abstracts
- Poster Guidelines (4x4ft etc)
- Poster Competition Guidelines including judging ballots for first and second rounds of the competition. (Needs to be revised from 2007.)
- Student Poster Competition Winners at CEDAR Workshops
Please upload .pdfs of the .pptx talks to your workshop web page. Naming the file is easiest as described in the Meriwether example found at the end of http://cedarweb.hao.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/Help:Uploading_Files and remember your speakers can upload their talks also using their webnames. A final summary put at the end of your webpage is also due for printout in the CEDAR Post at the end of the summer.
- Friday 14 March for CEDAR workshop conveners to request workshops on-line. See also the Guidelines for Workshop Conveners at CEDAR Workshops. New in 2014 is the possibility of being selected as a "Grand Challenge Workshop" which is a multi-year workshop with an associated tutorial speaker slot at the meeting.
- List of proposed workshops.
Workshop conveners must address and consider the following issues:
- CEDAR Science Challenge: Should address the 2013 CEDAR Workshop Theme: Identify and address the grand challenges in the science disciplines that fall into the CEDAR domain. Sessions should identify a particular science challenge and outline an approach to meet it. Please specify:
- how the associated questions will be addressed
- what resources exist, are planned, or are needed,
- how progress should be measured.
- Workshop Justification: Should address the science priorities in the field of aeronomy and space physics for the upcoming decade described by the 2012 Decadal Survey for Solar and Space Physics from the National Academy of Sciences. See
- http://sites.nationalacademies.org/ssb/currentprojects/ssb_056864 'A Decadal Strategy for Solar and Space Physics' web site for 2013-2022
- Report in Brief
- http://www.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=13060 'Solar and Space Physics: A Science for a Technological Society' (2012, 454 pages)
- 2013-2022 Decadal Briefing to the CSSC
Articulate the significance of your science topic/problem and how it relates to the on-line final (June 2011) version of the CEDAR strategic plan with the addendum from November 2013.
- Registration and Fees (On-line registration will be available in March) (Students Registration Deadline - Friday, 16 May, Regular Attendee Registration Deadline - Friday, 30 May)
- Student Information ($50.00/night reimbursement for students NOT in student doubles)
- Transportation (Airfare) and Travel Reimbursement Information
- Student Housing at dorms at the University of Washington in Seattle (Lists will be emailed to students requesting lodging ~May 30 from Kendra Greb at kgreb at ucar.edu)
- Ground Transportation Information from Seattle International Airport to the University of Washington and surrounding hotels
- Non-Student Accomodations (Regular Attendees reserve by Sunday, 25 May 2014 for the Hotel Deca and the Silver Cloud Inn, Student rooms will be provided at the dorms via registration submitted by 16 May)
- Maps, Childcare Options, UW Disability Services and other Useful Links