2015 CEDAR Workshop
Sunday-Thursday 21-25 June 2015
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Summary of the 2015 CEDAR Workshop by Barbara Emery
- Pictures from the 2015 CEDAR Workshop
Registration for the 2015 CEDAR Workshop
Register Here Registration Deadlines: Students- 15 May and Regulars- 29 May - poster abstracts due 15 May
New this year STUDENTS MUST PRESENT A POSTER to receive travel support including lodging and airfare/mileage reimbursement.
Agenda (with individual workshops scheduled)
2015 Workshop Materials
- 2015 CEDAR IT Abstract Booklet and IT Poster List
- 2015 CEDAR MLT Abstract Booklet and MLT Poster List
- MLT Poster Board Layout
- IT Poster Board Layout
- 2015 Participant List as of 6/15/2015
- UW Campus Map
- Dorm Information Sheet
There are 28 poster boards for a total of 4*28=112 posters each night from 4-7PM on the second floor of Kane Hall where most of the 2015 CEDAR Workshop will be held at the University of Washington in Seattle. The MLT night is Tuesday June 23, and the IT night is Wednesday June 24. Posters should be up for MLT before the Tuesday morning break at 935AM, and down at the end of the poster session if not in competition. If in competition, the posters must stay up until Wednesday morning but down before the start time of 815AM. The IT posters should be posted before the end of the morning break on Wed at 10AM, and then down at the end of the poster session if not in competition, or down on Thursday morning before start of the morning break at 930AM. The poster prize winners and honorable mentions will be given before the morning break on Thursday so the winners can post their winning posters during the break or at lunch. They will have to be down before the end of the workshop at 6PM on Thursday.
Students in competition must put a .pdf of their posters on-line by Friday June 19. Most should already have a web login (see User List at http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/Special:ListUsers under F.Last or F_Last or Last.F or email name) to be able to do this, or they will be assigned a web login. (Contact email@example.com for help.) Other poster presenters are encouraged to post a .pdf of their posters on-line also. Uploading a .pdf of the poster is as simple as clicking on the link.
When participants are assigned a new CEDAR wiki login, part of the welcome instructions are: "This includes uploading a .pdf copy of your poster for the CEDAR Workshop in the MLT and IT poster lists with links. Just click on the number of your poster, browse your computer to upload your .pdf file of any name, and click upload. The name of your .pdf file is irrelevant since the name for your poster .pdf file on the CEDAR wiki site has already been assigned."
MLT Poster Session Tuesday 23 June 2015, 4-7PM, Mezzanine and Walker Ames Room
- .pdf of MLT Poster Session (does not include addendums or changes)
- Tuesday 23 June 2015 MLT poster list with links to poster .pdfs
IT Poster Session Wednesday 24 June 2015, 4-7PM, Mezzanine and Walker Ames Room
- .pdf of IT Poster Session (does not include addendums or changes)
- Wednesday 24 June 2015 IT poster list with links to poster .pdfs
- Poster Guidelines (4x4ft etc)
- Poster Competition Guidelines including judging ballots for first and second rounds of the competition.
- Student Poster Competition Winners at CEDAR Workshops
Friday 27 March for CEDAR workshop conveners to request workshops HERE (must be logged in). Please check the List of proposed workshops. If your session is very similar to one already proposed, consider combining sessions. See the Guidelines for Workshop Conveners at CEDAR Workshops. "Grand Challenge" (GC) Workshops are not solicited in 2015, but the two GC workshops from 2014 and the third identified as GC for 2015 will be listed as such in the 2015 agenda. The third ('new') GC has an associated tutorial speaker slot at the 2015 meeting. It is very likely only GC's will get 4 hour workshops since like 2014, there is limited workshop time from Monday through Thursday.
Workshop conveners must address and consider the following issues:
- CEDAR Science Challenge: Should address the 2015 CEDAR Workshop Theme: Identify and address the grand challenges in the science disciplines that fall into the CEDAR domain. Sessions should identify a particular science challenge and outline an approach to meet it. Please specify:
- how the associated questions will be addressed
- what resources exist, are planned, or are needed,
- how progress should be measured.
- Workshop Justification: Should address the science priorities in the field of aeronomy and space physics for the upcoming decade described by the 2012 Decadal Survey for Solar and Space Physics from the National Academy of Sciences or in the CEDAR Strategic Plan (June 2011)
Please upload .pdfs of the .pptx talks to your workshop web page. Naming the file is easiest as described in the Meriwether example found at the end of http://cedarweb.hao.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/Help:Uploading_Files and remember your speakers can upload their talks also using their webnames. A final summary put at the end of your webpage is also due for printout in the CEDAR Post at the end of the summer.
- Registration and Fees (Students Registration Deadline - Friday, 15 May, Regular Attendee Registration Deadline - Friday, 29 May)
- Student Information ($50.00/night reimbursement for students NOT in student doubles)
- Transportation (Airfare) and Travel Reimbursement Information (To receive travel support including lodging and airfare/mileage reimbursement, STUDENTS MUST PRESENT A POSTER)
- Student Housing at dorms at the University of Washington in Seattle (Lists will be emailed to students requesting lodging ~May 30 from Kendra Greb at kgreb at ucar.edu)
- Ground Transportation from Seattle International Airport to the University of Washington and surrounding hotels
- Non-Student Accomodations (Regular Attendees reserve by Sunday, 20 May 2015 for the Hotel Deca and the Watertown Hotel, Student rooms will be provided at the dorms via registration submitted by 16 May)
- Maps, Childcare Options, UW Disability Services and other Useful Links
- 2016 CEDAR Workshop joint with GEM in Santa Fe, NM 19-24 June (Sunday through Friday)
- 2015 Photo Contest