2020 CEDAR Workshop (Site under Development)
Sunday-Friday at noon, 21-26 June 2019
Eldorado Hotel and Spa and the Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza in Santa Fe, New Mexico
Student travel support for the 2020 CEDAR Workshop
- Deadlines : Students Requesting Travel Support- 23 March (all others - 29 May) - poster abstracts due 8 May
- STUDENTS MUST PRESENT A POSTER to receive travel support including lodging and airfare/mileage reimbursement.
- Travel support is limited to approximately 75 students that request it during the registration process. Students will be notified if they have been selected for travel support on March 31
- ALL STUDENT AIRFARE MUST BE PURCHASED THROUGH UCAR CPAESS travel coordinator.
- REIMBURSEMENTS FOR AIRFARE WILL NO LONGER APPLY.
- Airfare requests will be submitted through the registration process.
Dependent Care Grants (due April 24)
- CEDAR Dependent Care Grants (due April 24, 2020)
Poster session & abstract submission (due May 8, 2020)
Guidelines Poster should fit into a 4' X 4' space.
Workshop proposals (GC workshops due by 21 February, 2hr-workshops due by 15 March)
Grand Challenge Workshop: One new Grand Challenge (GC) workshop will be selected. GC workshops can be proposed for up to 3 years and be will be granted 4-hours of workshop time and one 45 minute plenary tutorial slot at the first CEDAR meeting during their term and provide updates in the following years.
- GC workshop proposals must include the following information:
- An explanation of why the proposed topic is compelling and likely to have an impact on a large segment of the CEDAR research community.
- Information on how the proposed topic aligns with the goals of the CEDAR strategic plan.
- Well-defined objectives for the GC workshop and metrics to assess success.
- Justification for why the objectives require coordinated workshops over multiple years and a plan for what the GC workshop will accomplish in each year.
- Proposed topics for plenary tutorial talk.
CEDAR 2-hr workshop conveners are due by 15 March, 2020
- Submit your 2-hr workshop here.
- See the Guidelines for Workshop Conveners at CEDAR Workshops.
- List of proposed workshops.
- Decisions about CEDAR workshops will be send out by beginning of April 2020.
Register for CEDAR (coming in February)
Registration fee will increase after Friday, May 29, 2020.
Poster abstract submission via registration: Deadline May 8, 2020.
Lodging for the 2020 CEDAR Workshop
- CEDAR Accommodation: Non-students should make individual reservations at the Eldorado Hotel and Spa by Friday, May 22, 2020.
- CEDAR workshop bulletin board Please go there to connect with other CEDAR participants about childcare needs, shared lodging and carpooling.
- Side Meeting Requests: Information on room availability, room capacities please contact Tammy Kepple or Astrid Maute.
- Childcare Options
- Lactation room is available, please see the CEDAR registration desk for the key or contact Tammy Kepple.