Last Revised 12/10/2014 by Barbara Emery
- 20-23 January 2014, 6th VLF/ELF Remote Sensing of the Ionosphere and Magnetosphere (VERSIM) meeting, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand, contact Craig Rodger (crodger at physics.otago.ac.nz) if interested, http://www.physics.otago.ac.nz/versim/VERSIM_workshop_Dunedin_2014.html.
- 28-31 January 2014, 2014 SORCE Science Meeting “Variability in the Sun and Climate over the SORCE Mission”, Cocoa Beach, FL, USA, abstracts due 8 November, http://lasp.colorado.edu/home/sorce/news-events/meetings/2014-sorce-science-meeting/
- 09-14 February 2014, AGU Chapman Conference on "Magnetosphere-Ionosphere Coupling in the Solar System", Yosemite National Park, CA, abstracts due 9 October, housing deadline 19 December, http://chapman.agu.org/magnetosphere/
- 10-13 March 2014, 2014 International Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence (CSCI), Las Vegas, NV, http://www.americancse.org/events/csci2014
- 30 March - 04 April 2014, 7th Community Coordinated Modeling Center (CCMC) Workshop, Annapolis, Maryland, USA, hotel bookings by 28 February, http://ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/CCMC_Workshop_2014/index.php
- 07 April 2014, pre-SWW meetings, Boulder, CO, USA: CCMC CEDAR-GEM Challenge 9-12; L1 Requirements ~9-12; DSCOVR Follow-on Requirements Workshop 9-5; 1-5 Space Weather 101; 1-5 ??
- 08-11 April 2014, Space Weather Week Workshop, Boulder, CO, USA, http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/sww.
- 05-09 May 2014, 5th international High Energy Particle Precipitation in the Atmosphere (HEPPA), held jointly with SPARC/SOLARIS-HEPPA - Solar Influences for SPARC, Baden-Baden near Karlsruhe, Germany, abstracts with travel applications due 28 February, other abstracts due 15 March, a http://www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/HEPPA_SOLARIS_2014.php
- 25-31 May 2014, "Technical and Scientific Aspects of MST Radar" MST14 /iMST1, National Institute for Space Research (INPE), Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil, abstracts due 07 March, http://www.inpe.br/spaceweather/MST14/
- 02-06 June 2014, African Geophysical Society (AGS) conference, Abuja, Nigeria, http://www.afpgs.org
- 15-20 June 2014, GEM Workshop, Portsmouth, VA, Sunday June 15 Student Workshop (students only) register at http://www.cpe.vt.edu/gem/ info at http://aten.igpp.ucla.edu/gemwiki (GEM wiki)
- 19-20 June 2014, Third Swarm Science Meeting, Copenhagen, Denmark, abstracts are due 30 May, http://congrexprojects.com/2014-events/Swarm
- 22-26 June 2014, Sunday June 22 CEDAR Student Workshop for students and non-students, regular meetings to ~6PM Thursday June 26 at the University of Washington in Seattle, Washington, USA, http://cedarweb.hao.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/Workshop:Main
- 22-27 June 2014, SHINE Workshop, (Sunday June 22 is student day), Telluride, CO, http://www.shinecon.org/
- 07-11 July 2014, 6th Alfven conference: Plasma interaction with solar system objects: Anticipating Rosetta, Maven and Mars Orbiter Mission, University College London (UCL), UK, https://www.ucl.ac.uk/mssl/planetary-science/alfven-conference
- 28-31 July 2014, 8th International Workshop on "Long-Term Changes and Trends in the Atmosphere", Cambridge, United Kingdom, financial assistance applications due 28 March, http://www.antarctica.ac.uk/trends2014/
- 28 July - 01 August 2014, Asia Oceania Geosciences Society 2014 meeting (AOGS2014), Sapporo, Japan, abstracts due 11 February, http://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2014/
- 02-10 August 2014, 40th COSPAR (Committee on Space Research), Moscow, Russia, abstracts due mid-February 2014, http://cosparhq.cnes.fr
- 16-23 August 2014, URSI General Assembly and Scientific Symposium, Beijing, China, abstracts due 15 February, http://www.chinaursigass.com/
- 17-21 August 2014, 41st Annual European Meeting on Atmospheric Studies by Optical Methods, Stockholm, Sweden, abstracts due 15 June, student support applications due 31 May, http://www.opticalmeeting.se
- 01-05 September 2014, AGU Chapman Conference on "Low-Frequency Waves in Space Plasmas", Jeju Island, Republic of Korea, http://chapman.agu.org/spaceplasmas/
- 01-05 September 2014, 24th European Cosmic Ray Symposium, Kiel, Germany, abstracts due 30 May, http://www.ecrs2014.de
- 08-12 September 2014, 14th European Solar Physics Meeting (ESPM-14), Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, http://www.espm14.ie
- 15-20 September 2014, Geospace Revisited: a Cluster/MAARBLE/Van Allen Probes Conference, Rhodes, Greece, http://www.rodos-palace.gr/
- 21-23 October 2014, (invitation only) Technical Interchange Meeting on Scientific Challenges in Thermosphere-Ionosphere Forecasting, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, California, USA, contact anthony.j.mannucci at jpl.nasa.gov if interested.
- 02-06 November 2014, 2014 Living With a Star (LWS) Science Meeting: “Evolving Solar Activity and Its Influence on Space and Earth”, Portland, OR, USA, abstracts due 1 August, http://lws-sdo-workshops.org/
- 03-06 November 2014, 2014 Living With a Star (LWS) Science Meeting: “Evolving Solar Activity and Its Influence on Space and Earth”, abstracts and travel applications due 1 August, Portland, Oregon, USA, http://lasp.colorado.edu/home/eve/science/meetings-workshops/lws2014/
- 10-14 November 2014, 12th International Conference on Substorms (ICS-12), Ise-Shima Royal Hotel, Shima, Japan, abstracts and financial requests due 30 June, presentations encouraged to submit to the ICS-12 special issue on the open-access refereed journal "Earth, Planets, and Space" (EPS) (http://www.earth-planets-space.org/), http://www.stelab.nagoya-u.ac.jp/ICS-12/
- 17-21 November 2014, 11th European Space Weather Week, Liège, Belgium, abstracts due 11 June, http://stce.be/esww11/index.php
- 02-04 December 2014, L5 Consortium Meeting, Boulder, CO, USA, register on-line before Nov 15 at http://cdaw.gsfc.nasa.gov/meetings/2014_L5C/
- 14 December 2014, mini-GEM on Sunday afternoon before AGU, the Westin Market Street Hotel, 50 Third Street, San Francisco, CA, agenda at http://spc.igpp.ucla.edu/gem/pdf/2014GEM_mini_agenda.pdf
- 15-19 December 2014, AGU Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA
- Tuesday 16 December 2014 at AGU, several students will be hosting a 1 hour NSF Graduate Fellowship Program Preparation (GRFP) Workshop beginning at 11AM for undergraduates, pre-candidate graduate students, and faculty members who
wish to know more about how to write a successful NSF GRFP application.