From Mike Kosch (m.kosch at lancaster.ac.uk) on 2 April 2013.
EISCAT international symposium 12-16 August 2013 - registration open
The EISCAT international symposium on incoherent scatter radar based research will run 12-16 August 2013 at Lancaster University in the UK. Regardless of which facility you might use, you are all most welcome and invited to attend. Please visit http://eiscat2013.lancs.ac.uk for further information on travel and sessions as well as details on how to register, book accommodation and submit your abstracts. The planned sessions are:
- Ionospheric modification and plasma physics.
- EISCAT_3D science – the future of ISR science.
- Novel techniques and applications – the future of ISR and radar, including the ESR third dish.
- Space weather – including space debris, applications and impact.
- Mesosphere and D-region phenomena – including MST science, meteors, dusty plasma and sudden stratospheric warming.
- The coupled geospace environment – including multi-scale coupling between the solar wind, magnetosphere, ionosphere, thermosphere as well as field-aligned currents, waves and auroral phenomena.
- EISCAT in the global context – including related ground-based instruments and space missions, both current and future.
- Environmental change – including variability, long-term trends and solar forcing.
- Posters on any session or related topic.
Please note that the early bird registration fee has a deadline of 15 May 2013.
Local Organising Committee
(Chair Mike Kosch)