From Jens Oberheide (joberhe at clemson.edu) on 04 June 2012.
This is a call for CEDAR 2012 presentations in our "MLT and thermosphere response to large-scale wave activity" workshop, Tuesday, June 26, 1:30 PM. Please let us know if you are interested in presenting your results in this workshop.
- Jens Oberheide, Clemson University, joberhe at clemson.edu
- Ruth Lieberman, GATS, r.s.lieberman at gats-inc.com
This workshop addresses recent discoveries in lower-upper atmosphere coupling by large-scale waves such as tides and planetary waves including wave-wave and wave-mean flow interactions. Both observational and modeling studies are welcome. Science questions to be addressed include:
- How does the wave spectrum evolve temporally and spatially in the MLT and thermosphere?
- How does the mean state of the MLT and thermosphere respond to wave forcing?
- What are the origins of the waves and their variability?
Best regards, Jens Oberheide
Jens Oberheide, PhD Associate Professor Dept. of Physics and Astronomy 102B Kinard Laboratory Clemson University Clemson, SC 29634-0978 http://people.clemson.edu/~joberhe/