This is a generic mailing to the CEDAR community sent 12 July 2012. Meetings and jobs are listed at http://cedarweb.hao.ucar.edu under 'Community' as 'Calendar of Meetings' and 'CEDAR related opportunities'. CEDAR email messages are under 'Community' as 'CEDAR email Newsletters'. All are in 'Quick Links' on the main page.
(1) GEM-CEDAR 2013 joint meeting on weekend (June 22-23) in Colorado.
From GEM Messenger, 8 July 2012, GEM chair David Sibeck (david.g.sibeck at nasa.gov) with additions from CSSC chair David Hysell (david.hysell at cornell.edu) and Barbara Emery (emery at ucar.edu).
- From GEM Messenger, 8 July 2012, GEM chair David Sibeck (david.g.sibeck at nasa.gov)
The GEM Steering Committee met at the end of the summer workshop in Snowmass Village, Colorado. The following action items were taken: (NOTE: Only the first 2 of 4 action items are listed below with a correction in the year for 1.)
1. The next GEM meeting will be held in Snowmass Village, Colorado, from June 16-21, 2013.
2. Both CEDAR and SHINE have expressed an interest in timing their meetings in the week adjacent to GEM, in Colorado, so that topics of mutual interest can be discuss over the weekend between the meetings. Researchers with ideas or interest in organizing such a session should contact me. We will establish joint planning commissions with our sister organizations.
- From CSSC chair David Hysell (david.hysell at cornell.edu) and Barbara Emery (emery at ucar.edu)
1. The next CEDAR workshop will be held in Boulder, Colorado from June 23-28, 2013.
2. The GEM chair has invited the CEDAR Science Steering Committee (CSSC) to help plan and coordinate joint sessions over the weekend between our two workshops, Saturday and/or Sunday, June 22-23, 2013. The CSSC responded very positively to the overture and is identifying members of a subcommittee to assist with the planning. Individuals interested in joining the subcommittee should contact Dave Hysell (david.hysell at cornell.edu).