This is a generic mailing to the CEDAR community sent 28 February 2014. Meetings and jobs are listed at http://cedarweb.hao.ucar.edu under 'Community' as 'Calendar of Meetings' and 'CEDAR related opportunities'. CEDAR email messages are under 'Community' as 'CEDAR email Newsletters'. All are in 'Quick Links' on the main page.
(1) 2014 Space Weather Workshop (SWW) – April 8-11 in Boulder, CO - registration and abstracts due 23 March. From <terry.onsager at noaa.gov>. See also http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/sww
(2) CEDAR-GEM CCMC Mini-meet Monday April 7 in Boulder before SWW. From jasoon.shim at nasa.gov. See also http://ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/challenges/GEM-CEDAR/
(1) 2014 Space Weather Workshop (SWW) – April 8-11 in Boulder, CO - registration and abstracts due 23 March.
From <terry.onsager at noaa.gov>.
The 2014 Space Weather Workshop will be held April 8-11, in Boulder, Colorado. This meeting will bring together the customer, forecaster, vendor, and research communities to focus on the impacts of space weather, on forecasting techniques, and on recent scientific advances in predicting conditions in the space environment. The program will highlight space weather impacts in several areas, including ionospheric disturbances, geomagnetic storms and their solar drivers, radiation belts, and solar energetic particles. Representatives from industries impacted by space weather will be invited to attend, including those from commercial airline, electric power, satellite operations, and navigation/communication industries. Space Weather Workshop 2014 is co-sponsored by the NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center, the NSF Division of Atmospheric Sciences, and the NASA Heliophysics Division. Further details regarding the meeting agenda and travel are posted on our web site: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/sww
(2) CEDAR-GEM CCMC Mini-meet Monday April 7 in Boulder before SWW.
From jasoon.shim at nasa.gov.
We would like to invite you to attend the GEM-CEDAR Challenge Meeting scheduled for Monday, April 7th 2014, 09:00 am – 12:00 pm, which will be held at the Millennium Hotel in Boulder, CO.
In this working meeting, we will discuss the “Action Items in Preparation to CEDAR 2014 Workshop” (http://ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/challenges/GEM-CEDAR/action_items_14.php) that were agreed during the 2013 mini-GEM Workshop (http://ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/challenges/GEM-CEDAR/, http://ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/challenges/GEM-CEDAR/2013-mtg-report.php).
Among the action items, the following topics will be emphasized:
- Possible ways (depending on applications) to quantify storm effects on TEC and neutral composition changes
- Study quantifying the storm effects on neutral density using orbital averaged density
- Auroral boundary validation study
We welcome opinions and suggestions from the experts on the topics above. If you would like to present your thoughts, please let us know.
Masha Kuznetsova, Barbara Emery, Ja Soon Shim