1983 GBOA Workshop:Main
1983 (First) Ground-Based Optical Aeronomy (GBOA) Workshop
Monday-Wednesday 1-3 August 1983 planned by Lyle Broadfoot (U of Southern CA, AZ), Robert Eather (Boston College), Bill Hanson (UTD, TX), Paul Hays (U MI), Gonzalo Hernandez (NOAA, Boulder, CO), Bill Sharp (U MI), Doug Torr (USU), with Marsha Torr (USU and Shawna Johnson) with logistics. The outcome of this first workshop was a 1984 report compiled by Deehr, Romick, Broadfoot, and Hallinan called "Ground-Based Optical Aeronomy in the 1980's: A Workshop Report on the Present and Future Study of the Interaction between Solar Radiation and the Atmosphere".
Engineering Building, Utah State University, Logan, Utah
- Organization of GBOA 1 at Spring AGU in Baltimore, MD
- Plans of GBOA 1 as of 21 July 1983
- Lodging at GBOA 1 in Logan, UT
- 60 scientists from 31 different US and Canadian universities and government agencies came. There is no record of students, but probably local USU students went.
- May 1983 GBOA Mailing List of 86 scientists at 34 universities and labs, 6 in Canada
- August 1-3 Agenda
- 630PM Monday August 1, 1983 Cash Bar and Dinner at the Country Club
- 500PM Tuesday August 2, 1983 leave for picnic in Logan Canyon