2016 Workshop:Joint Announcement
The CEDAR-GEM Joint Meeting in Santa Fe, New Mexico, June 19-24, 2016
Call to Propose Joint Workshops
In 2016 the annual CEDAR (Coupling, Energetics, and Dynamics of Atmospheric Regions) and GEM (Geospace Environment Modeling) workshops will be held as a Joint Meeting in Santa Fe, New Mexico. In the interests of promoting meaningful scientific interaction and collaboration in areas of common interest significant portions of their scientific, student, poster, and social programs were merged. A CEDAR-GEM joint workshop committee has been established to facilitate the coordination of the shared activities. The committee members are listed at the end of this notice. Please direct questions regarding the joint program to any member.
The CEDAR and GEM meetings both conduct topical workshops that are focused on particular research objectives. The traditions differ in that GEM workshops are usually organized by the coordinators of empanelled Focus Groups of several years duration while CEDAR workshops are proposed and approved annually in the lead up to the meeting. With this notice we encourage members of both communities to begin to develop and propose joint workshops with GEM and CEDAR co-conveners.
http://aten.igpp.ucla.edu/gemwiki/index.php/GEM_Focus_Groups gives a listing of the current GEM focus groups and their leaders.
http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/2015_Workshop:Workshop_Schedule gives a listing of CEDAR workshop themes and their conveners from the 2015 meeting.
This cross-listing is not meant to be restrictive; attendees may propose novel and promising themes for joint sessions. Research areas that do not lend themselves to integration will be organized and conducted in the usual way by the CEDAR and GEM organizing committees, where the CEDAR workshops will use the same workshop form as the joint CEDAR-GEM workshops. Joint and CEDAR workshops must be proposed by Friday, April 1st. We are requesting that you provide justification for your proposed joint (or CEDAR only) workshop, a brief description, and at least the beginning of a list of conveners. Workshops will be accepted and scheduled probably in May.
In order to propose a joint session or a CEDAR only session please complete the form at http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/Special:CedarGEMWorkshops?yr=2016
Looking forward to an exciting meeting in Santa Fe!
The CEDAR-GEM joint workshop committee members:
- firstname.lastname@example.org Josh Semeter (chair CSSC)
- email@example.com Kendra Greb (UCAR for CEDAR organization)
- firstname.lastname@example.org Yue Deng (CSSC)
- email@example.com Barbara Emery](ex-officio CSSC and UCAR, CEDAR organizer)
- firstname.lastname@example.org Astrid Maute (CSSC and CEDAR organizer)
- email@example.com Philip Erickson (CEDAR)
- firstname.lastname@example.org Mike Wiltberger (chair GEM)
- email@example.com Bob Clauer (GEM organizer)
- firstname.lastname@example.org Matina Gkioulidou (GEM)
- email@example.com Elizabeth MacDonald (GEM)
- firstname.lastname@example.org Shin Ohtani (GEM)
- email@example.com Zhonghua Xu (GEM organizer)